Which Essential Oils are the Best for Your Needs
If you suffer from stress and chronic pain, you probably have tried everything from the most powerful NSAID to healthier living techniques. Essential oils have made their mark in the world of the homeopathic living, providing people with another option to manage pain and stress.
Keep reading to learn about the best essential oils for either your anxiety and stress or your daily pain.
Best Essential Oils For Stress
Whether you’re using a cold air vs ultrasonic diffuser, these types of essential oils will best help with stress and anxiety. The simple scent of some of these oils will help you relax and focus on the tasks at hand.
- Valerian: a woody, earthy, musky scent that promotes sleep and calms nerves
- Jatamansi: also known as spikenard, with a woody, earthy scent and used to calm the mind and promote sleep
- Lavender: has a sweet floral scent, and is used to calm anxiety and help with sleep difficulties
- Jasmine: has a floral scent used to help with anxiety and to calm the nervous system without causing drowsiness
- Holy Basil: has a spicy, minty aroma and is used for treating physical and mental stress
- Sweet Basil: has a crisp, herbal scent and is used to relieve stress and calm the mind
- Bergamot: carries a strong citrus scent and is used to reduce anxiety and increase positive feelings
- Chamomile: has a mild floral scent and is used to promote a peaceful sleep
- Rose: contains a strong floral scent that tends to relax the senses, and is used for menstrual pain and anxiety
Individuals will use these oils along with many others to help reduces the effects of stress. These oils just top the list of the most common and effective oils for relaxation.
Best Essential Oils For Pain
Approximately 20 percent of Americans suffer daily from chronic pain. The right essential oils have brought relief to many people who deal with this daily pain. Here are a few of the common oils used to treat pain.
- Peppermint oil: used to help manage tension headaches and the discomfort from irritable bowel syndrome including abdominal pain and bloating
- Rosehip oil: is known to reduce the discomfort caused by joint pain and general inflammation, and works especially well for individuals who cannot take NSAIDs and other pain medications
- Lavender oil: helps with pain and headaches as well as sleep issues and anxiety mentioned above
- Primrose oil: alleviates the symptoms of PMS cramps and other menstrual-related pain
- Flaxseed oil: eases symptoms caused by arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory properties
- Clary sage oil: is known for its anti-inflammatory effects as well as its ability to calm anxiety and lower blood pressure
- Eucalyptus oil: carries anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties
- Rosemary oil: has an analgesic property that makes it an effective treatment compared to traditional pain medication
- Juniper berry oil: an excellent addition that individuals note helps with pain relief and relaxation
While these oils may not cure the source of your pain, they can help you deal with it better on a daily basis. Thus, the oils won’t take away your arthritis. You can hope, though, to have a more normal life because the oils alleviate your pain.
Suffer No More
The list of the best essential oils for your condition is endless. You can mix oils that help boost your immunity and others that help treat contusions. These oils will certainly aid in helping you deal with your chronic pain or stress if you just give them a try.
Did you find this article helpful? If so, keep stopping by our site. We provide readers with great information daily.
For more articles visit: Flashy Info